Patio doors are a game changer. Not only do they make your home look and feel larger than it is; they also let two of the most valuable natural resources - natural light and fresh air – into your home. The best patio doors transform your home from dark and dreary to one that is bright and sunshine-filled. And there is simply nothing better than the feeling of coming home to a home that oozes a warm glow. Should you get single or double patio doors? Should you replace your current ones? How much will it cost? We will answer these and more in this article, from UBrother constructions.
Patio Doors: To replace or Not to replace?
Here are some symptoms that indicate the need for replacement doors.
- The door gets stuck or is difficult to open. Normal wear and tear, severe weather conditions like heavy rains or snow, or too much sun can warp dorm frames. This makes it difficult to open and/or close the door.
- The temperature in the room is unusual. If the room is too cold, too hot, or drafty; it means the door’s seals are compromised. This decreases your home’s energy efficiency and increases cooling and heating costs.
- There are leaks, cracks, and other visible signs of damage. Leaks, cracks, gaps, peeling, chipping, blistering, warping, and other obvious signs of damage can lead to further damage and more costs in the long run.
- They are outdated. Doors can make or break your house’s aesthetics. More modern styles increase the value of your home and your home’s energy efficiency.
Choosing the Best Patio Door Material
- Vinyl – Vinyl doors are the most common in the market. Many people choose vinyl windows and doors because it is durable, long-lasting, and cost-effective. Patio doors offer many design and style options in vinyl.
- Wood – Many manufacturers use different kinds of materials but a lot of them are designed to look like wood. Why? Because there is nothing more elegant and timeless than wood. Wood door frames add charm and flair to any home.
- Moving Glass Walls with Aluminum or Aluminum-clad Wood Frame – Modern, sleek, and functional; moving glass walls allow you to have sweeping outdoor views, tons of natural daylight, and seamless indoor and outdoor living.
- Fiberglass – Fiberglass is built to last, is low maintenance, and is easy on the eyes, too. They adjust well to temperature changes, so they are virtually warp-resistant as well as energy-efficient.
- Aluminum – Go for narrow aluminum frames for a sleek and modern vibe. They are less expensive than other frame materials and easy to maintain.
- The Cost
The cost will depend on factors like dimensions, design, and material. For instance, sliding doors for a patio near Framingham, MA can cost anywhere from $2700 to well over $4500 which includes the door, installation, labor, and other services. If you are looking for high-quality doors, Andersen patio doors price points are competitive and well worth the investment. Patio doors might be costly but the benefits you get in return make this investment worthwhile.